Piano/Organ Audition Requirements:
For those seeking degrees in:
Bachelor of Music in Piano Performance
Bachelor of Music in Music Education with a piano emphasis
Bachelor of Arts in Music
Present two selections representative of student’s current musical and technical development.
- Choose one selection from the standard piano repertoire. Memorization is recommended.
- The second selection can be from the standard piano repertoire of contrasting style or from the contemporary idioms (jazz improvisation, Scott Joplin). Be prepared to sight-read a short accompaniment.
Recommended standard literature:
- A composition by J.S. Bach
- A movement of a classical sonata (Haydn, Mozart, or Beethoven)
- Impressionist (Debussy, Griffes or Ravel)
- Contemporary work (Copland, Prokofiev, Barber, Takacs)