Auditions for Music & Theatre Programs are required for:
- Admission to Music Degrees & Theatre Degrees (majors and minors)
- Music & Theatre Activity Scholarships
Please check these pages for specific area audition requirements:
Scholarship Audition Day 2017
February 11, 2017
The Performing Arts Division invitation extends to any current High School senior or community college student in their final semester who is interested in majoring or minoring in music, theatre or musical theatre, or who wishes to participate in the division activities.
Those auditioning will have a chance to see and experience the fine visual and acoustic qualities of Southwestern College’s Richardson Performing Arts Center. They will meet and work with dynamic performing arts faculty members, who have presented at numerous national conferences and provided expertise to the region’s arts educators. Our faculty is dedicated to nurturing intellectual development, aesthetic sensibility, and creativity through stimulating classroom and performance experiences while preparing students as professionals and advocates who cultivate the arts.
Sign up today!
Audition Day Schedule
Auditions for Music majors and Theatre majors/participants will begin at 1:00pm, students will sign-in and be assigned an audition time.
Auditions for BFA Musical Theatre majors and non-music major participants will begin at 2:45pm, students will sign-in and be assigned an audition time. There will be a dance audition for BFA majors after the BFA auditions are complete.
General Audition Information:
- Accompanists are provided by the Music Department and are usually Faculty members, but you are welcome to bring your own. If you choose to use our accompanists please send your music one week prior to the scheduled audition date to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not get a chance to rehearse with the accompanist prior to your audition.
- For voice bring the original books or music in a three-ring binder in the key you are performing.
- For those auditioning for a major have one copy of a repertoire list which includes all solo literature studied by the student to be presented to the evaluators at the time of the audition. This should be music the student has studied with a private teacher.
- For those auditioning for a major have one copy of a performance resume including a list of music activities, awards, honors, roles in musicals, solo performances, etc.
- Auditions will take place in Richardson Performing Arts Center in front of the Faculty.
- BFA in musical theatre majors should expect a dance call to occur after the auditions are complete that afternoon. Please bring proper dance attire as you will have a chance to change.